23 February 2010

co-operative monochrome








Sunday morning saw me peel myself out of bed after a busy night's work, dress and scamper off to town for another presentation, this time of cooperativedesigns' A/W10 collection Stacken Blochen. It was held at Proud Central, from 11am-1pm. I was greeted with a glass of Prosseco, (I added some OJ, a bit early for fizz even for me!) and was offered some tiny Paul treats, yum!
The place was a monochromatic feast for the eyes. A man named David White designed and installed all the wallpaper, which made for an excellent backdrop for the models. It was almost hypnotic. Downstairs was like a catwalk in slow motion, we all took some snaps and chatted about the portraits upstairs, which were created by friends of the designers, such as Fred Butler, Rosy Nicholas and Louise Gray.
The collection was great, I am always a fan of stripes and geometric patterns. There were also some fantastic head pieces/hats, made by miliner Noel Stewart. I heard one man say that one of the hats was fit for Lady Gaga, I am not sure if Noel would take that as a compliment or insult, but nevertheless his hats proved very popular.
I also got to take home a lovely goodie bag (perks of knowing the event coordinator - Holly!) which included some limited edition mittens. Yay! In the bag was also a zine, which featured the portraits from the presentation. Splendid!

No comments: